Monday, October 15, 2012

Time to come back

Has it really been a month since I posted????  Shame on myself! 

Today was a moderately busy day at work.  Everything in it's own time, no hurry. The is always tommorrow to finish or the next. The first of the month crunch is over. 

Since things seemed to be going so smoothly and orderly, I decided to continue when I got home.  I drove up into the carport and saw two empty chains hanging from a beam at the end of the carport.  That is where the babies' little blue swing was and where "Papa" used to sit and quietly push them. Usually they would fall asleep with the gentle swaying and slight rustling of the leaves.  So sweet.  But....... the memory made me burst into tears. It will never happen again. Oh, the strange little things that bring forth memories.

But Erika came in behind me and left Hannah with me and we both got busy. Hannah played in the new, not quite finished, play area that was the dining room.  We never ate there and it is just perfect for a low table for coloring, block stacking, tea parties.   We have odd pieces of cabinetry for storage, but still need a  round table to put just under the hanging light fixture.  It will be great. I can just see those little cuties grabbing crayons from each other and pulling hair and just having a wonderful time!

My main mission was to get my kitchen in order.  I am not a kitchen diva. I use the dishes until there are no clean ones, the sink is atrocious, well you get the picture.    So I decided to pare down to 2 each plates, cups, bowls, glasses, etc.  I had to rewash everything in the dishwasher because they were coated in lime? I will have to check into that problem, but I shouldn't have to use the cursed thing now.  I will have to go through my pots and pans, flatware, utensils, etc. This is a major purge and it is thrilling me.  Then I decided to mop the floors since they were sticky and I couldn't remember when I had last done so.  I just haven't cared to much in the last few months, but I got on with it.

Last night, for the first full night, Buster (the pup) and I slept in the bedroom instead of the couch.  I got up only once when Buster got restless and closed him up in the bathroom.  I had already made him a bed and put down a puppy pad.  He did quite well, actually.  I have decided to keep him there while I am at work. I hate to, but it is better than a 24"  x 36" kennel, even if he does weigh 2 pounds.  I won't say he is really company yet, but he certainly is a distraction and gives me plenty to do, so I reckon he can just stay on. :)

I have more plans for tommorrow night (after I finish the kitchen project) and I hope I can keep momentum rolling!

And today marked 2 months since Dale passed away.   How could that be?

1 comment:

  1. Hello. Hello! I come every day to see if you've written, Sherry. Now you are beginning to rise up out of the ashes, I see. Good for you. Good for all of us.

    It really is hard to see how it could have been two months already. You've come a long way, and accomplished a great deal in two short months. Again, good for you. Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete