Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Two steps backward

Well, today was a bit emotional.  I listened to sappy music on the way to work. It really was beautiful piano concerto music. The kind that pulls you into a cloud of beautiful shimmering notes that melt all around you. But that leaves you open to emotion and these days that means tears!  So, I went into work crying and trying to dry it all up.  Ok, finally I got under control and then I had to go , at lunch, to buy a tombstone.  A beautiful, marbley, bronzey flat tombstone.  It will have his and my name cast nice and shiny and someday, I will be put beside my husband forever. Sigh............... then two or three? people came in and wanted to know how I am doing. One person Dale worked with for several years had just found out he was sick and wanted to know how he was doing?!?!  Well, that just sucked it all out of me.

So, I had Hannah again, chattering cheerfully and playing around and it makes me feel a bit less morbid. 

After purging Dale's "at home" clothes and bagging them up, I got the bright idea that I could actually cut his sweatshirts and pants  (see below)into squares and blanket stitch around them for washing/cleaning cloths.  Also, most of his shirts were some kind of blue plaid.  This would make a lovely quilt for a lover of blue. I don't think I could ever sleep under it, but it would be very pretty. I may get around to "frogging" some of these (also below) old crocheted items that I never finished and try to make something else from the yarn.  Or I can always look into my stash downstairs.  No hurry, I know it is there when I am ready.

 Some more of my sad photo attempts:


      



 

  One huge blue and burgandy afghan and one small pink and green afghan to take apart and wind into balls for the future. One small child that I am not really sure what to do with!
This lovely red sweat suit and a few others should make a plethora of soft wash cloths.  Mine seem  to have been eaten by the dryer.  Buster is doing what he does best and that is chew, chew, chew...............I am sure that he is gonna be a lot of help!
 



Ooops! this stealthy invisable hunter crept into the picture.  Can you find him???  hahaha.   I don't really like the hunting thing, but HE did.  I was searching for a picture of him in one of his many blue shirts and this one lept out at me instead.
 

I hope this closes things on a happier note!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pup! EVEN CUTER CHILD. Sherry, what a great photo of Dale. Such a great face. Love today, Julie

    ReplyDelete