Wednesday, July 18, 2012

As Time Goes By



Time flies, time stands still
Time is a friend or an enemy
Time to stay, time to go
I feel helpless so I stand still

Time is cruel, time is sweet
It is all we are given
There is never enough
Yet, there is just enough.

Time please slow down
For one more gentle kiss
For one more kind word
Before it is time to go

Time be swift if you must
To spare pain and sorrow
For the one I love
Who's hand I hold                  

Time stop so we can remember
The sweetness you've given
If you must go
Leave the memories.

                                                                      Dale has been my Rock


This is for my husband who is now in a fight for his life with cancer. They give him no hope, but hope never really dies, does it?

For the very first time in my life I will be alone. I have to say that I am not afraid, but I am already lonely as the pain drugs pull him to a better place, but rip him away from me.

Sometimes I wonder "how much time" do we actually have? Sometimes I stare out over the hills frozen in time.

So much to do, but I no longer care.  Maybe I will again some day. I go throught the motions and that is how I know that I am alive.

Maybe tommorrow will be better.




                                     

2 comments:

  1. :0(

    Such huge sorrow, like big waves. Thinking of you, friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you, my friend! Hospice has come in and will deliver a hospital bed today. He can only sleep (a bit) while sitting. They have also brought some of the strongest drugs this side of heaven to try to make him comfortable. So he sleeps a lot. It is all going so fast that I can't seem to adjust. How do you do that? I know that you have been through it and know the sorrow, anxiety, fear, uselessness, perhaps even anger. Iseem to feel them all at once. The one thing that I am thankful for ( and I never thought I would be thankful for such a thing)is the detachment that is part of my being.

    Thank you so much for your concern. It means a lot to me

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete