Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Things are changing

I changed my blog title to match the direction that I would like to go in. I am not there, but the walk has begun.

At some point in the future I will have to totally re-evaluate my entire life. I will have to match my words and steps.  Some things I do know, though.......

I will live a semi-minimalist life
Life will be simpler so that I can do the things I really want to.

That is enough to mull over for now.  Those two things, but that will include my entire life, lol.

A few things that I am planning for now:

To pare down all things to just what I use.
I want those useful things to be beautiful and bring me joy.
I will immerse myself in my children/grandchildren.
I will plan a streamlined household routine so that I can -
Enjoy my crafts and have a place to work on them.
   Crafts include: crochet, calligraphy, reading.
Meditate and get in touch with my innermost spiritual self.

There are soooo many sub-categories that I now have the rest of my life planned out.  Let's see how all of that turns out.  I have had basically the same list for years, so there is nothing new on it, but it is just about time to get down and dirty and get on with it. 

Even though this list is larger than I would like, it pretty much sums up my desires and I really never have gathered all of my thoughts together in one place. You see, if I put them "out there", then I am responsible to myself and anyone else that should happen along. If I have too much I will get overwhelmed. I will have to share this with my family so that they will understand when I get balky with them! I think that this is a pretty good list for the full-fledged introvert that I am.  Anyone identify?????

3 comments:

  1. This sounds very similar to my own journey. I too love to be close to my family, whom I love so much. And I needs HOURS every day just to drift and dream and be. And the immediacy of making things with my hands is essential to the well-being of my soul - so also is the calm, plain environment of a house free of clutter (though not chillingly bare and unfriendly).
    I once met a monk who started a monastic order. In his rule he wrote "The priory should reflect the peace and order of heaven". I read that when I was 19 and have carried it in my heart ever since as the guiding principle for keeping house.

    A question. Do you think travelling will come into your future plans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I replied to this yesterday. I don't know what happened. My computer does freeze sometimes, tho.

    Yes, peace, quiet, and order will have to get me by. I can maybe feel some of the horror when your husband left you with 5 kids! At least mine are grown and are helping so much. God bless them!

    Traveling? Well, probaly yes, I would say. Even working with the bank (they did go through my mortgage papers and did some figuring), I am just not sure that I want to stay in my home. Dale will be a gentle spirit to feel, but I will be so sad just thinking of him and seeing his things around, or where they should be around anyway. I am interested, why do you ask?

    ReplyDelete