Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Plowing Through

I have gone back to work. Monday was pretty hard, but today was better.  I had to go to the doctor to get a prescription renewal and had a good crying session.  This is a small town and everyone knows or knows of everyone else.  So they were very understanding and I got it over with and went back to work. 

My daughter and son-in-law and I are talking over some alterations to my house.  They love the house and location, but it is just too small.  We think we can add a master bedroom and bath and finish out the basement so I can have me own space (Grammie, cave dweller, i.e. built in babysitter!:)).  I would be a great financial relief for me.  I can afford to do the basement part, but the upstairs would be their baby. We are only in the planning stages.  I have always wanted to make a master suite out of the basement, but couldn't afford it.  With insurance help, I can do it up pretty well, I think.  Anyway, I now have something to think about and plan.  I will also be able to build in a crafting, reading, writing nook.  I have always wanted that!  And I just won't be all alone. So wish me well in my endeavor to start a new life. 

One step forward and two steps back, but maybe one day, I can learn a new dance!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an excellent plan to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I am not moving too fast, but sometimes it seems that you have to. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Mom, it's all going to be great! You are moving on, but we are moving in...lol. Really, it's the perfect setup, we can enjoy the land we love so much, Pop will be there in spirit with us, and you and Millie will jointly benefit from the increased one on one time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete