Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Something old, something new

Ok so I changed the name of my blog again.  This one seems to really fit way better.  I am not ready to do beautiful things yet.  I am in survival mode and there is no reason to pretend that I am not!


So, today I have decided to start doing one good deed per day and being thankful for one thing that has been done for me.

It is not hard to do one simple little thing for another person.  Even anonomously. In fact secret goodness is even better because I won't be tempted to pat myself of the back.  I will have to review my day to pick out one simple thing that happened to me. 

Also, for now, I pledge to do one extra thing each day to simplify. Just one simple thing. Since I am planning to move downstairs, I need to get started! I can also do more, but I have to do one thing.

 My friend ember (hi!, ember) has a daily process of tossing (or gifting) one item per day.  That is doable.  I came home with determination and tossed papers that I had gone thru and left wadded up on the floor.  I tossed Dale's undies, and belts away also. The first thing of his that I threw out was his toothbrush, the next day, his dentures. It seems to follow a pattern, sorta.

Actually I haven't done one single thing since he got sick back in June.  Others have done laundry, dishes, swept floors, but I haven't, until today, done much of anything.  I may get around to the dishes because I need to take dishes back to those wonderful people that brought food over.  People really are kind, even if they don't know it!

BTW, this all actually will kick in tommorrow since I kinda got a late start today.

Tommorrow I plan to start planning my new "digs" downstairs.  I am going to be brave and even post some "before" pictures.  I am brave, oh yes I am!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya! Waving! Posting the before pics is a brilliant idea - and sometimes pics of the little piles of stuff going out. It's surprising how one forgets, it's quite startling looking back!

    A thought. When my husband died, having not long since been working in a nursing home, I knew they had an ongoing need for spares of PJs and T-shirts in their linen cupboard, as their residents sometimes went through clothes quicker than the laundry could keep up. It felt good taking all the extra PJs recently needed by a sick husband to a place where other men could benefit from them. I also liked knowing they'd be appreciated. It may be that some of Dale's things come into this category. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ember. I do have some good undershirts that I could donate. The rest of his "outside clothing" I will take to the Salvation Army.

    As for the basement (shudder) I am planning on going through and boxing up what I want to keep and ruthlessly purging the rest. I think my box will be small!

    ReplyDelete